Update HTC One X to CM10 Android 4.1.1 MIUI Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
HTC one X can now be updated to CM10 Android 4.1.1 MIUI Jelly Bean custom firmware a nd get rid of HTC Sense if you do not like it. This latest RD-MIUI ROM is based on CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) and on top has all the features of MIUI – more like, best of both the worlds. You can install CM10 Android 4.1.1 MIUI Jelly Bean on HTC One X using the tutorial below. Make sure ClockworkMod recovery is installed on your phone.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the process of how to install CM10 Android 4.1.1 MIUI Jelly Bean custom ROM on HTC One X. We have given all the steps below and make sure you backup all your existing data in the phone before proceeding. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Android 4.1.1 MIUI Jelly Bean ROM Features:
- based on latest CM10
- stock kernel
- GPU rendering
- RAM optimizations
- init.d scripts
- build.prop tweaks
- unsecured boot.img
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC One X to connect it with the computer. Download HTC One X USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update HTC One X to CM10 Android 4.1.1 MIUI Jelly Bean custom firmware.