You can now root Galaxy Note 10.1 on DDALH1 Android 4.0.4 official firmware because the full root method is now available. The root method for Android 4.0.4 DDALH1 firmware is very easy and should not take more than 5 minutes if you already have CWM installed. Please follow the steps carefully below.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root Android 4.0.4 DDALH1 firmware on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 with all the necessary steps required to do so. Please backup your data as a precaution, though it is not needed. ClockworkMod recovery is required in order to perform this tutorial. We have a link to that tutorial below. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Your Galaxy Note 10.1 is not on DDALH1 Android 4.0.4 firmware? Install it from here.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and root Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to DDALH1 Android 4.0.4 firmware.