How to Update Galaxy S2 I9100G to CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is now available for the Galaxy S2 I9100G, syatying with the initial nightly builds. This custom ROM features complete Jelly Bean awesomeness with stock Android experience on the I9100G. You can install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100G if you have a custom recovery installed and your phone is rooted.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2 I9100G with complete steps. This tutorial requires you to have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod) installed on your Android phone. Make sure you also backup all your data as given below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
CyanogenMod 10 (based on Android 4.1.1) Jelly Bean is still in nightly stage and will take several months before it gets matured enough to be released in a beta version. By installing this, you should remember that you may encounter bugs in the ROM after installation.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S II to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S II USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your Samsung Galaxy S II should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2 I9100G.