Root Galaxy Pop Plus S5570I and Install ClockworkMod Custom Recovery
Galaxy Pop Plus S5570I can be easily rooted on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread via stock recovery without having to going through any difficult instructions or steps. You can also flash ClockworkMod recovery in the same way to backup/restore ROM and install custom firmware.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root Galaxy Pop Plus GT-S5570I and install ClockworkMod custom recovery. Make sure you backup all your data just as a precaution if anything might go wrong. We have given all the tips below. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and root Galaxy Pop Plus S5570I.
How to Root Galaxy Pop Plus S5570I with Stock Recovery
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root Galaxy Pop Plus S5570I on Android 2.3.6. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Galaxy Pop Plus S5570I, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it. This tutorial has to be performed via stock recovery.
- This tutorial is only for rooting Galaxy Pop Plus S5570I. Please do not try on any other Galaxy Pop Plus variants.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Root (pop_plus_root.zip) for Galaxy Pop Plus S5570I to your computer.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Galaxy Pop Plus USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded pop_plus_root.zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn off your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the recovery mode. Switch on the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
Step 6 – In recovery, select “apply update from SDcard” and press the Power button to select it.
Step 8 –Now using your volume keys, navigate to the pop_plus_root.zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the power button. Installation procedure should start now.
Step 9 – After the installation completes, reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus S5570I has now been rooted on Android 2.3.6. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.
Now, to install ClockworkMod custom recovery on your phone, proceed to the next page for the tutorial and downloads.