Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3110 is the WiFi only version of this Android tablet by Samsung. They have received another official Android 4.0.4 XXBLH1 ICS firmware update for the tablet. This firmware is also available through Samsung KIES, but you can also manually install XXBLH1 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3110 manually using the tutorial given below. You do not need to root your tablet or install ClockworkMod recovery.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXBLH1 Android 4.0.4 official software update on Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3110 using ODIN. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data as this tutorial will wipe all your data. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 is expected to get the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware update by Samsung, we will update you as soon as the firmware is released only for everyone to download.
Android 4.0.4 XXBLH1 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and install XXBLH1 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3110.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3110 to Android 4.0.4 XXBLH1 ICS
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S Tab 2 to Android 4.0.4 XXBLH1 ICS. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This Android 4.0.4 XXBLH1 firmware tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3110. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 4.0.4 build XXBLH1 update for Galaxy Tab 2 P3110, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update. You will again have to root Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. We will post a full tutorial on how to root Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3110 on 4.0.4 ICS soon.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 4.0.4 P3110XXBLH1 for Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3110.
Step 3 – Switch off your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up button and then press the Power button together till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S Tab 2 has now been updated to Android 4.0.4 build XXBLH1 software update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.