Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXADLG4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Beta Official Firmware
XXADLG4 Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) for Galaxy S3 I9300 was leaked yesterday and is now available for download. This firmware is not yet available on Samsung KEIS because it is a beta Jelly Bean firmware only available to selected Galaxy S3 users. You can now manually install XXADLG4 Android 4.1.1 JB on SGS3 and root it as well.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of installing XXADLG4 Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN flashing tool. Let’s continue with the tutorial below and don’t forget to backup all your data as given below. I9300XXADLG4 (JRO03C) is a beta ROM and is completely unbranded, which means any I9300 (unlocked) user can install this ROM and get a taste of the official Jelly Bean firmware.
The above screenshot was sent in by Faryaab Sheikh, one of the first people to play around with the Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 I9300.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.1 XXADLG4 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXADLG4 Android 4.1.1 official firmware.
How to Install Android 4.1.1 XXADLG4 on Galaxy S3 I9300
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S III to Android 4.1.1 XXADLG4. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you. There is a small tricky part to perform as well. We have given that at the end after flashing with ODIN.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing on your device.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Please backup all your data as given above.
- I9300XXADLG4 is a beta firmware, leaked for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 4.1.1 build XXADLG4 update for Galaxy S III I9300, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update. You will again have to root Galaxy S3 to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. See here: How to Root Root XXADLG4 Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy S3 I9300 with CF-Root.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 4.1.1 I9300XXADLG4 for Galaxy S3 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Step 3 – Switch off your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy S3 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer and switch it OFF again.
Step 11 – Now get into the recovery mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
Step 12 – Use your volume controls to navigate and select wipe data/factory reset from the recovery menu.
Step 13 – Then select reboot system now and wait for Galaxy S3 to boot again.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S III has now been updated to Android 4.1.1 build XXADLG4 firmware update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem. To follow more updates and FAQs, head over to the XDA official thread.