The upcoming Jelly Bean firmware XXADLG4 Android 4.1.1 for Galaxy S3 I9300 was leaked yesterday with a video and today, the first download link has been posted online which you can install on your phone. I9300XXADLG4 (JRO03C) is a beta ROM and is completely unbranded. Here is the tutorial to root Galaxy S3 I9300 on XXADLG4 Android 4.1.1.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root XXADLG4 Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy S3 I9300. Please backup your data as a precaution because you never know when something might get wrong. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
CF-Root Package Contents:
CF-Root package comes with the following:
- SuperSU v0.93
- ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery v5.5
- CWM Manager v3.60
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and root Galaxy S3 I9300 on XXADLG4 Android 4.1.1 firmware.
How to Root Android 4.1.1 XXADLG4 on Galaxy S3 I9300
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S III to Android 4.1.1 XXADLG4. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and read the entire tutorial first before actually performing it on your Galaxy S3 I9300.
- This root method tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding as a precaution. No data will be lost though.
- You should be on XXADLG4 Android 4.1.1 software version.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip for Galaxy S3 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 (if needed) which will help you to install Android 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Step 3 – Switch off your phone. Now go to Download Mode on your phone. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy S3 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the root package file that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted file in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the file CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Do NOT touch any other options.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S III has now been rooted on Android 4.1.1 build XXADLG4 software update. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.