How to Install Android 4.1.1 CM10 Jelly Bean on Huawei U8150 IDEOS Custom Firmware
We never thought a Froyo phone would be enjoying Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, but here it is – Huawei U8150 IDEOS can now be updated to the latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with SnapSeries CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) custom firmware. There are lots of bugs in the firmware yet, but that won’t stop us from trying out Jelly Bean on our Huawei IDEOS smartphones. You can now install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Huawei U8150 IDEOS if your phone is rooted and have ClockworkMod custom recovery installed on your phone.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to install SnapSeries CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware on Huawei U8150 IDEOS with complete steps in this tutorial. Backup all your data as this tutorial will wipe your personal settings and apps. We have given all the tips below. Let’s proceed with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
- RIL (2G&3G)
- Launcher & Apps
- Audio & Mic
- Usb Mass Storage
- SD Card
What’s not Working:
- Everything else!
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Huawei U8150 IDEOS to connect it with the computer. Download Huawei U8150 IDEOS USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Huawei U8150 IDEOS to CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 custom firmware.