Update Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Blast Custom Firmware
We posted about how to install Jelly Bean taste custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 and now we bring you another similar custom ROM that will let you enjoy Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy Y. Since, Samsung did not release Android 4.0 ICS for this phone, we are certain Jelly Bean won’t make it either. This is why we then look to our fellow developer friends for custom ROMs that will make our phones just like new again! You now install Jelly Bean Blast Android 4.1 on Galaxy Y S5360.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install Jelly Bean Blast Android 4.1 custom firmware on Galaxy Y S5360 with all the steps required to do so. Please make sure you backup your data as it will be all wiped clean. CWM recovery should be installed. Lets continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Jelly Bean Blast Android 4.1 ROM Features:
- Replaced launcher with Stock ICS like launcher!!!( HOLO LAUNCHER from Mobint)
- Added ICS circle lock
- All apps like ICS
- Upgraded: Google play Store(not Market), Google PLAY music, new Google maps, and much more!!!
- Added link2sd ( You can move ALL apps to SD with this app!!!)
- Retains DSP Manager for great sound!!!
- Swype with ICS theme!!!!!!
- Exactly ICS like FOLDERS!!!!!!!!
- Removed more bloatware!!!
- Added ICS gallery!!!!! Much, much faster!!!
- Transparent notification panel( from Creed…)
- Contains full ICS ANIMATIONS!!!!….please activate it under settings >display ..because it is turned off to save battery ….
- A BEAUTIFUL Custom ROM, which looks exactly like GALAXY NEXUS!!! YAY!!!!
- Based on S5360DDLA1, but works on any version u are using!!
- Completely stable!!!
- [Note: The Android version is displayed as 4.0.4 to complete the look and feel of the ROM. Users should keep in mind that it is actually 2.3.6]
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Y to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Y USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
UPDATE: You can also update the Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.2 JellyNoid custom ROM. Read the tutorial here!
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install Jelly Bean Blast (Android 4.1) custom ROM on Galaxy Y S5360.