Update Droid RAZR Maxx XT912 to Paranoid Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
Custom ROMs are the only way to keep old Android phones alive with new Android releases, all thanks to the developers who make that possible. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is now available for the Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx XT912 with a custom ROM that is now available to download. You can install Paranoid Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Droid RAZR Maxx XT912 using a custom recovery.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of how to install Paranoid Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware on Droid RAZR Maxx XT912 with complete steps. Backup all your data as this tutorial will wipe your personal settings and apps. Let’s proceed with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
What’s Not Working:
- Any Data
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Motorola Milestone to connect it with the computer.Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your Droid RAZR Maxx XT912 to Paranoid Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.