CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) has just been released as the final version for the Galaxy S2 I9100. Since CM9 has landed, CM10 will start taking shape now with more frequent updates and bugs will be fixed. Official Galaxy S2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update is supposed to arrive sometime in September or October. CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean can be easily installed on Galaxy S2 I9100 using Clockwork recovery. Your phone should be rooted and have CWM.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware on Galaxy S2 I9100 with all the steps. Please make sure you backup your data as this tutorial will wipe clean all your personal files and data. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S II to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S II USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your Samsung Galaxy S II should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install CyanogenMod10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100.