Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Taste ROM on Galaxy Y S5360 Custom Firmware
We just posted about installing CM9 ICS on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 and now we bring you a custom ROM that will get you Jelly Bean taste on your Galaxy Y. Since, Samsung did not release Android 4.0 ICS for this phone, we are certain Jelly Bean won’t make it either, but that doesn’t stop the developers community from trying it. You now install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Taste on Galaxy Y S5360.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install Android 4.1Jelly Bean Taste custom firmware on Galaxy Y S5360 with all the steps required to do so. Please make sure you backup your data as it will be all wiped clean. CWM recovery should be installed.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Jelly Bean Taste ROM Features:
- JELLY BEANS TASTE INSIDE
- 9 LOCKSCREEN ALL PORT FROM SGS
- NEW SETTINGS.APK
- SWIPE TO REMOVE
- CUSTOM CLEAR BUTTON
- EDT TWEAK ADDED
- LIDROID PARTS
- TRANSPARENT MMS.APK
- JELLY BEANS ICON PACK
- JELLY BEANS WALLPAPER CHOOSSER
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Y to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Y USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install Jelly Bean Taste custom ROM on Galaxy Y S5360.