Update Asus Nexus 7 to JRO03L Android 4.1.1 XenonHD Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
We are always on the hunt to find the best custom ROM for Android devices. In this search, we came across a brand new XenonHD custom ROM which is based on JRO03L Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. Today, we have JRO03L Android 4.1.1 XenonHD custom firmware for the Nexus 7 tablet which we will tell you how to install on your Nexus 7 tablet.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install JRO03L Android 4.1.1 XenonHD custom ROM on Nexus 7 with complete steps and how to backup your tablet. Your tablet should be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery should be installed. Let’s get on with the tutorial now and flash a new custom ROM on your tablet.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
JRO03L Android 4.1.1 XenonHD Features:
- JB 4.1.1 JRO03L
- Apex Launcher
- DSPManager (JB) added with all the binaries.
- Apollo Music player added and fixed for JB.
- Proper extended power menu.
- 180 degree rotation enabled.
- Navigation bar button pressing speed quickened. (Galaxy Nexus only)
- Digital clock widget added.
- Scrolling cache improvements.
- Support for caller display name.
- Developer settings as shortcut option.
- Added XenonHD wallpapers.
- Louder output on speaker for Maguro and Toro.
- Added Galaxy4, PhaseBeam and Holo spiral wallapers.
- Wi-fi scan time to 100 to save battery.
- Performance, battery life and other misc tweaks.
- Init.d support with added tweaks and scripts.
- SuperSU application for root.
- File manager added. (Compiled with JB SDK 10 by me :D)
- GPS and Camera fixed.
- Reflective soft keys.
- Build.prop tweaks.
- Battery life tweaks.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Nexus 7 tablet to connect it with the computer. Download ASUS Nexus 7 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone/tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Nexus 7 tablet to JRO03L Android 4.1.1 XenonHD custom ROM.