Galaxy Nexus users, it’s time to celebrate as the CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) custom firmware is now available for your devices. You can easily install CM9 on Galaxy Nexus I9250 using our simple tutorial below. Remember, this is not an official firmware update. This is a custom ROM, based on AOSP release of the Android 4.0 ICS.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of installing CM9 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy Nexus I9250 using CWM recovery. This is why your phone should have ClockworkMod recovery and it should be rooted. Please make sure you backup your data as given below. let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 to CM9 Android 4.0.4 ICS custom ROM.