How to Install CyanogenMod 9 Final on Galaxy S2 I9100 Custom Firmware
CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) was being expected around this time because the two release candidate releases went great and now it was time to treat out Galaxy S2 I9100 phones to CM9 Android 4.0.4 ICS. Your Galaxy S2 should be rooted and should have ClockworkMod recovery installed.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of installing CM9 Android 4.0.4 ICS on Galaxy S2 I9100 as a custom ROM using CWM recovery. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because it will be removed.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S II to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S II USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your Samsung Galaxy S II should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install CM9 Android 4.0.4 ICS custom ROM on your Galaxy S2 I9100.