Update Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 to MIUI v4 2.8.3 Android 4.0 Custom Firmware
Huawei Ascend P1 is one of the best Android phones up to date by Huawei. It packs in impressive hardware and the overall phone itself is one solid beast. We recently covered how to install custom CWM recovery and how to root U9200 Ascend P1. You can now update Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 with MIUI Android 4.0 ICS custom firmware using the tutorial given below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to install Android 4.0 ICS MIUI v4 2.8.3 firmware on Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 with complete steps in this tutorial. Backup all your data as this tutorial will wipe your personal settings and apps. Let’s proceed with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 to connect it with the computer. Download Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Remember: For more Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 tutorials and custom firmwares, check here!
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 to Android 4.0 ICS MIUI custom firmware.