Update Galaxy Ace S5830 to CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 never got the official Android 4.0 ICS software update, but thanks to XDA-Developers, we now have CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. CM10 can now be installed on the Galaxy Ace S5830 with the help of ClockworkMod recovery. So your phone must be rooted and CWM should be installed.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Ace S5830 to CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware using CWM recovery. Make sure you backup all your data from the tips and tools given below as you will have to wipe everything in order to install this firmware. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
- RIL (full – GSM/SMS/EDGE/3G/SIGNAL etc)
- Small speaker
- Sensors (strange issue with proximity)
- Project Butter (100%)
- Full 2D/3D acceleration
- SD card
- Native Android app2sd (.android_secure)
- Bluetooth (really, really buggy)
- Mass storage
- Live wallpapers
- GPS (people saying it working fast)
- Deep sleep
- FM radio (as in CM9)
What isn’t working:
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Ace to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Ace USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Ace S5830.