Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on Huawei U9200 Ascend P1
Huawei Ascend P1 U9200 is one of our favourite Android phones in the dual-core category. The phone is extremely fast and very optimized to run with Android 4.0 ICS. You can now install ClockworkMod Touch recovery on Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 using the tutorial below.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the process of how to root flash Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 with custom recovery (ClockworkMod Touch) for installing more system tweaks and custom ROMs. We have given all the steps below and make sure you backup all your existing data in the phone before proceeding. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 to connect it with the computer. Download Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, unlock bootloader or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Copy all the backup files from your SD card to your computer as internal memory will be wiped clean after unlocking the bootloader.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below to install CWM recovery on Huawei U9200 Ascend P1.