Install SuperNexus Android 4.1.1 AOSP Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100 Custom Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 users will be getting the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean software update soon, but even when they will get, it will come with TouchWiz and Samsung modifications. However, if you want the stock Android experience, try out this custom firmware – SuperNexus, based on Android 4.1.1 AOSP Jelly Bean. We will take a look at the features in a bit.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install SuperNexus Android 4.1.1 AOSP custom firmware on Galaxy S2 I9100 with all the steps. Please make sure you backup your data as this tutorial will wipe clean all your personal files and data. This is an unbranded firmware so it can be installed on any Galaxy S2 I9100. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
SuperNexus Android 4.1.1 AOSP Features:
- Fully Deodexed
- Zipaligned APKs
- Rooted (Super SU)
- BusyBox Installed
- No 3rd Party App
- ZERO Bloatware
- Official Jelly Bean Bootanimation (From Official Nexus S Android 4.1.1 Factory Image)
- Init.d Support
- Bash & Nano Support
- Native SIP/VOIP Support
- EXT4 File System Optimizations
- Boot Animation Performance Enhancements
- Galaxy S II Device Settings as an App
- Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery & Download Options)
- Powerkey Camera Shutter (Click Power Button To Capture Image/Video in Camera App)
- Device Hardware Information (Settings>About Device>Hardware Information)
- T9 Dialer Functionality (Smart Dialer)
- Landscape Dialer Support
- Increased Tab Limit in Stock Browser From 16 To 64
- Huge APN & SPN List
- Tweaked Progress Spinners Values (Silky Smooth Loading Spinners)
- Allowed Any File-Type To Be Downloaded
- Allowed Installation Of Apps From Unknown Sources By Default
- Disabled Data Roaming By Default
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S II to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S II USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your Samsung Galaxy S II should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install SuperNexus Android 4.1.1 AOSP custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100.