How to Install Retribution XXLA2 Android 2.3.6 on Galaxy Ace S5830i Custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy Ace is one of Samsung’s low-end Android phones. S5830i is a slightly different version of Galaxy Ace S5830. After the phone was launched on Android 2.2. Froyo, Android 2.3 Gingerbread was released. Today, we bring you a better and more stable version of Gingerbread (Retribution Android 2.3.6 XXLA2) to Galaxy Ace S5830i.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Retribution Android 2.3.6 custom firmware on Galaxy Ace S5830i with complete steps. We are sure you will have no problems performing it. Please make sure you read the complete tutorial before actually performing it and backup all your data as this tutorial will wipe your personal settings and apps.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Some of the features of Retribution Android 2.3.6 ROM are:
- Based on XXLA2
- 30-Volume Step Mod
- Smooth Scroll Mod
- Build.prop tweaks
- Flash Player pre-included
- Beats Audio Mod pre-included
- Updated libs and modules for better perfomance
- completely ad-free
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Ace to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Ace USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Ace S5830i to Retribution Android 2.3.6.