Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 users in Thailand have received the DXLG1 Android 2.3.6 software update which fixes most of the bugs found in the previous releases. No new features can be found, but the overall phone is stable and quite fast. You can install DXLG1 Android 2.3.6 on Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 using the tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 to Android 2.3.6 DXLG1 (Thailand) official firmware using ODIN. Make sure you backup all your data from the tips and tools given below as you will have to wipe everything in order to install this firmware. ClockworkMod recovery and root access is not required. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
This ROM is completely stock with no third-party changes or apps included in it. You can use this firmware to unroot your Android device with the official update.
Android 2.3.6 DXLG1 Firmware Details:
Regions: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install Android 2.3.6 DXLG1 firmware on Galaxy Ace Plus S7500.