Update HTC One X to HTC Sense 4.1 Android 4.0.4 MaXimus Custom Firmware
HTC Sense 4.1 for HTC one X was leaked a few days ago and the first custom ROM based on Sense 4.1 is already out. No, it is not Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but a newer version of HTC’s Android skin (Sense) on top of the stock Android experience. Android 4.0.4 MaXimus custom firmware with Sense 4.1 is now available for download for the HTC One X.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the process of how to install HTC Sense 4.1 Android 4.0.4 MaXimus custom ROM on HTC One X. We have given all the steps below and make sure you backup all your existing data in the phone before proceeding. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
HTC Sense 4.1 MaXimus ROM Features:
- Based on latest RUUs
- Init.d capabilities
- Unsecured boot.img
- RAM optimizations
- Added busybox
- All apps updated
- Tweaked for best performance
- Fast and Smooth UI
- Working HTC Hub app
- Deleted bloatware
- Deleted freedback apps
- Ability to choose any language you want
- General clean up
- Added Solid Explorer, AdAway, Tegra Zone, EA Games
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC One X to connect it with the computer. Download HTC One X USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update HTC One X to HTC Sense 4.1 MaXimus custom firmware.