Update Galaxy Y Duos S6102 to DDLG1 Android 2.3.6 Official Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 is the dual SIM version of the popular low-end smartphone Samsung Galaxy Y. The latest official firmware Android 2.3.6 DDLG1 is not available for download and you can flash the India-based ROM on your phone. Root Galaxy Y Duos on Android 2.3.6 will be available soon as well. For now, let’s check Android 2.3.6 ICS build DDLG1 for India.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install Android 2.3.6 DDLG1 (India) firmware on Galaxy Y Duos S6102 with all the steps required to do so. Please make sure you backup your data as it will be all wiped clean. This is an unbranded firmware so it can be installed on any Galaxy Y Duos. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Android 2.3.6 DDLG1 Firmware Details:
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Y Duos USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Galaxy Y Duos S6102 to DDLG1 Android 2.3.6 official firmware.
How to Update Galaxy Y Duos S6102 to DDLG1 Android 2.3.6 ICS
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 to Android 2.3.6 DDLG1. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the tablet.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 2.3.6 DDLG1 update for Galaxy Y Duos S6102, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update . You will again have to root Galaxy Y Duos to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. We will post a full tutorial on how to root Galaxy Y Duos S6102 on 2.3.6 ICS soon.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Download Android 2.3.6 S6102DDLG1 (India) for Galaxy Y Duos to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 2.3.6 on Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102.
Step 3 - Switch off your tablet. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together, till you see the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot and a triangle. This is the Download Mode.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Galaxy Y Duos USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect Galaxy Y Duos to your computer while the tablet is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your tablet is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your tablet. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 - In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your tablet will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your tablet from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos has now been updated to DDLG1 Android 2.3.6 firmware. Go to Settings > About tablet to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.