Install XXALGA Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 Official Stock Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 was announced today by Samsung and it will be available soon worldwide, starting from this month. Galaxy Note 10.1 is not even in the market yet, but the official stock firmware has been released for a number of locations. We have Android 4.0.4 XXALGA ICS for the Galaxy Note 10.1 from the region: Greece.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install Android 4.0.4 XXALGA (Greece) firmware on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 with all the steps required to do so. Please make sure you backup your data as it will be all wiped clean. This is an unbranded firmware so it can be installed on any Galaxy Note 10.1. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.0.4 XXALGA Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to XXALGA Android 4.0.4 firmware.
How to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to XXALGA Android 4.0.4 ICS
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Android 4.0.4 XXALGA. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the tablet.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 4.0.4 XXALGA update for Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update . You will again have to root Galaxy Note 10.1 to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. See here: How to Root Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 on XXALGA Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android 4.0.4 N8000XXALGA (Europe – Greece) for Galaxy Note 10.1 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000.
Step 3 – Switch off your tablet. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together, till you see the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot and a triangle. This is the Download Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy Note 10.1 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect Galaxy Note 10.1 to your computer while the tablet is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your tablet is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your tablet. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your tablet will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your tablet from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 has now been updated to XXALGA Android 4.0.4 firmware. Go to Settings > About tablet to verify.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.