We just wrote a guide on how to root HTC Desire C and install ClockworkMod custom recovery on the phone which would allow you to install custom ROMs, system tweaks and mods on HTC Desire C. And with that said, we are posting one of the first custom firmwares for HTC Desire C – Slim Sense, thanks to mmmcfc at XDA Developers..
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the process of how to install Slim Sense custom ROM on HTC Desire C. We have given all the steps below and make sure you backup all your existing data in the phone before proceeding. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Slim Sense Features:
- All Apps Zipaligned
- Framework and Apps Deodexed
- init.d support
- data/app support
- Custom boot animation support
- Some bloatware removed (ie. 7digital)
- Nano Text Editor and sysro/sysrw included
- Bash (command shell)
- Busybox included
- Rooted (SuperSu)
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC Desire C to connect it with the computer. Download HTC Desire C USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update HTC Desire C to Slim Sense custom firmware.