Root HTC Desire C and Install ClockworkMod Custom Recovery
HTC Desire C is one of the latest low-end smartphones by HTC after the popular HTC Explorer. It packs in a few more features at a relatively better price and has Android 4.0 ICS installed. ClockworkMod custom recovery and full root access method is now available for the new HTC Desire C, thanks to mmmcfc at XDA Developers.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the process of how to root HTC Desire C and install custom recovery (ClockworkMod) for installing more system tweaks and custom ROMs. We have given all the steps below and make sure you backup all your existing data in the phone before proceeding. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC Desire C to connect it with the computer. Download HTC Desire C USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, unlock bootloader or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Copy all the backup files from your SD card to your computer as internal memory will be wiped clean after unlocking the bootloader.
5. Your bootloader should be unlocked. See here: How to Unlock Bootloader of HTC Phones.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below to root HTC Desire C.