Update HTC One X to IceColdJelly Android 4.1.1 AOKP Custom ROM
HTC One X users are eagerly waiting for the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean software update which has been confirmed by HTC that they are working on it. There are a number of unofficial custom Jelly Bean ROMs for the HTC One X and this one is also one of those ROMs, but a little better – IceColdJelly Android 4.1.1 AOKP Custom ROM, based on Jelly Bean.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to install IceColdJelly Android 4.1.1 AOKP on HTC One X. Please make sure to backup all your data as this tutorial will wipe your internal storage. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC One X to connect it with the computer. Download HTC One X USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update HTC One X to Android 4.1.1 AOKP Custom ROM firmware.