How to Update Motorola Defy A8210 to Android 4.1.1 CM10 Jelly Bean Firmware
Motorola Defy A8210 can now be updated to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, based on CyanogenMod 10 custom firmware – all thanks to the developers community. Official Jelly Bean might never be released for Defy, but the developers community will keep it alive. This ROM is still in a very early build and there are many bugs in it which would be hopefully squashed in future releases.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of how to install CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware on Defy A8210 with complete steps. Backup all your data as this tutorial will wipe your personal settings and apps. Let’s proceed with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Motorola Milestone to connect it with the computer.Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Motorola Defy A8210 to CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 custom firmware.