Root Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 on ICS XXLPH Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware
Samsung has officially rolled out ICS for Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 WiFi+3G (Android 4.0.4 XXLPH). Along with the official firmware, we now also have the method to root ICS Android 4.0.4 XXLPH on Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi+3G) with full Superuser or SuperSU installation. Let’s get on with the tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 on Android 4.0.4 XXLPH official firmware using ODIN. This tutorial will not wipe your existing installed apps and personal settings, but it is always better to backup your data as a precaution because you never know when anything might go wrong.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and root Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 to XXLPH Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware.
How to Root Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi) to Android 4.0.4 XXLPH ICS
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to Android 4.0.4 XXLPH ICS. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this root method should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This root method of XXLPH ICS firmware tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the tablet.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your tablet before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Galaxy Tab 10.1 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root.
Step 4 – Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to root ICS Android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510.
Step 5 – Switch off your tablet. Now to get in the bootloader mode. Turn on the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power buttons, till you see the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot and a triangle. This is the Download Mode.
Step 6 – Make sure you have your Galaxy Tab 10.1 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 7 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your tablet to your computer while it is in the Download Mode.
Step 8 – If your tablet is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 9 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your tablet. These files are to be found from Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select recovery.tar.md5 file.
Step 10 – Do not change any other options in ODIN
Step 11 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 12 – After the installation is completed, your tablet will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your tablet from the computer.
Step 13 – Download ROM Manager app from Google Play Store.
Step 14 – Open ROM Manager app, and tap “Reboot into Recovery” to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 15 – In ClockworkMod recovery, scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the power button to select it.
Step 16 – Press the power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 17 –Now using your volume keys, navigate to Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip file and select it using the power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Step 18 – After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is now successfully rooted to Android 4.0.4 XXLPH software update. Go to Settings >About phone to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.