How to Install XXALD4 Android 4.0.3 on Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100 Stock Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) will be getting the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean software update soon, but Samsung has yet to announce any official Jelly Bean firmware release dates. You can easily install Android 4.0.3 XXALD4 on Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100 using the tutorial given below.
This latest P3100XXALD4 was released by Samsung over KIES for Kenya. The modem build is JVALD2 and the firmware build date is 19th April 2012. Since this firmware is unbranded, you can easily install it on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install the official software update Android 4.0.3 XXALD4 ICS on Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100 using ODIN. We have covered all the steps and download files you need in the tutorial below. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.0.3 XXALD4 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install XXALD4 Android 4.0.3 on Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3100.