How to Install Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 DDLG1 Android 2.3.6 Official Firmware Update
Galaxy Ace Plus is one of the latest budget Android phones by Samsung which probably not be updated to Android 4.0 ICS. You can now install the latest official firmware update, that is Android 2.3.6 DDLG1. Official ROM can be useful when you have installed a custom firmware and want to revert back to stock firmware.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 to Android 2.3.6 DDLG1 (India) official firmware using ODIN. Make sure you backup all your data from the tips and tools given below as you will have to wipe everything in order to install this firmware. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
This ROM is completely stock with no third-party changes or apps included in it. You can use this firmware to unroot your Android device with the official update.
Android 2.3.6 DDLG1 Firmware Details:
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
How to Install Android 2.3.6 DDLG1 on Galaxy Ace Plus S7500
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 to Android 2.3.6 DDLG1 Gingerbread. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your phone.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 2.3.6 DDLG1 update for Galaxy Ace Plus S7500, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update. You will again have to root Galaxy W to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. We will post a full tutorial on how to root Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 on 2.3.6 soon.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Download Android 2.3.6 S7500DDLG1 for Galaxy Ace Plus to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 2.3.6 on Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Ace Plus.
Step 3 - Switch off your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the green Android robot.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Galaxy Ace Plus USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 - In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus has now been updated to Android 2.3.6 build DDLG1 software update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.