How to Install Galaxy Mini S5570 Android 4.0.4 ICS AOKP Custom Firmware
We have just written about installing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570, and now you can also install Android 4.0.4 ICS AOKP custom ROM. Galaxy Mini will not be getting official Android 4.0 ICS firmware from Samsung, but that doesn’t mean you cannot install a custom ROM.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Mini S5570 to Android 4.0.4 ICS custom firmware using CWM recovery. Make sure you backup all your data from the tips and tools given below as you will have to wipe everything in order to install this firmware.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
What doesn’t work:
- Camera not working
- H/W video decoding not working (need OMX libs)
- Don’t enable honeycomb lock screen. You will not be able to unlock the phone.
- Don’t add power saver toggle on power menu, it will cause you device to restart when long pressing power button!
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Mini to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Mini USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install Android 4.0.4 ICS on Galaxy Mini S5570.