Update Galaxy Fit S5670 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (CM10) ROM
Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 never got the official Android 4.0 ICS software update, but look what do we have here, Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (CyanogenMod 10 – CM10) is already being ported. Please note, that is is a very unstable and early build which will definitely have lots of bugs and errors.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Fit S5670 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (CM10) custom firmware using CWM recovery. Make sure you backup all your data from the tips and tools given below as you will have to wipe everything in order to install this firmware.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
What doesn’t work:
- Proximity, magnetic, orientation sensors
- HQ video playback
- Deep sleep
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Fit to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Fit USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Mini S5570.