How to Install Android 4.0 ICS CM9 on Galaxy Ace S5830
Samsung Galaxy Ace is one of Samsung’s low-end Android phones with minimal features and was launched with Android 2.2 Froyo. Android 4.0 ICS official software update was never released for this Android phone, but thanks to the developers community, we now have ICS on Galaxy Ace S5830.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Android 4.0 ICS (CyanogenMod 9 – CM9) firmware on Galaxy Ace S5830 with complete steps. We are sure you will have no problems performing it. Please make sure you read the complete tutorial before actually performing it and backup all your data as this tutorial will wipe your personal settings and apps.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
CM9 S3-EVOLUTION custom ROM ports the entire Galaxy S3 firmware to Galaxy Ace screen size and fits in that phone. Some of the features of this ROM are:
- TouchwizUX from galaxy S3 (MDPI)
- Based on CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-MacławStudios-UNOFFICIAL-beta9
- SGIII Real accu weather
- Samsung galaxy s3 WallpaperChooser
- SGSIII Icons
- SGSIII Sounds
- SGSIII Ported Apps
- SGSIII Live Wallpapers
- S-voice system files you just have to install S-voice and it work
- Swype key
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Ace to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Ace USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.0 ICS.