We all love custom ROMs, don’t we? galaxy S3 custom firmwares give you almost the same stock Galaxy S3 experience on your phone while giving you tons and tons of mods, tweaks and under the hood changes that makes your phone overall very fast and stable. Omega v10 is one such ROM. It is based on Android 4.0.4 XXBLG6.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to install Android 4.0.4 XXBLG6 (Omega v10 ROM) on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Remember, your data will be wiped and you will lose all your settings and apps. Make sure you backup your data as given in the coming steps below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Omega v10 ROM Features:
- Based on firmware XXBLG6 Android 4.0.4 (Date: 20/07/2012)
- Modem XXLG6
- Kernel Stock XXLG6
- efs Backup (added the option to create efs backup during installation)
- ClockWorkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 v1.5 by Chainfire -(removed from v10)
- CWM Manager v3.60 by Chainfire
- CSC: BLF1 – set be default to EUR
- Busybox v1.20.2
- SuperSU v0.94
- init.d support without the need of a kernel that supports init.d
- Aroma installer – Installation is fully customizable by user and there is options to install everything and remove
- Bloatware – read here for more info
- All stock applications – plus:
- Flipboard (updated to latest version)
- Google Maps (updated to latest version)
- Gmail (updated to latest version)
- Play Store v3.7.15
- S memo
- Customizable 15 Statusbar Toggle Buttons by lidroid – ported be wanam
- Extended Power menu with Recovery and Download – available in Omega Files
- Autobrightness is Fixed – available in Omega Files
- Reduce Home Button Lag by wanam – available in Omega Files
- Fix for cell standby issue
- Battery % mod by pglmro
- Disabled advertisements
- Faster GPS lock
- Silent Camera
- Samsung Camera HX-MOD v1.35 by hyperX – available in Omega Files
- TouchWiz with wallpaper scrolling by Toss3
- Disable increasing ringtone in Phone
- Call Recorder – credits to wanam
- Hide SMS from Call Logs – credits to wanam
- Disable Scrolling Cache
- Changed Launcher Priority to 1
- Faster home screen scrolling
- Modded YouTube by rolle (can download videos)
- Local search for apps and contacts (available in Omega Files)
- Email with Exchange Security Disabled (available in Omega Files)
- Stock Theme Changes:
- Dithered Holo Background added by Zabalba
- Blue % battery icons
- Blue Toggle Buttons
- Omegas addon applications:
- Es File Explorer (with great Root Explorer)
- Hide It Pro
- Download All Files
- FastDormancy Toggle for i9300 v1.0 by gokhanmoral
- Mount external microSD card as USB mass storage v1.2by Kopfgeldjaeger – available in Omega Files
- Arabic keyboard support
- Chinese keyboard support – Chinese keyboard can be downloaded from Omega Files
- Bloatware Removed
- You can install them from Omega Files
- Boot sound – can be enabled from Omega Files
- Plug in charger sound – can be enabled from Omega Files
- Shutdown Animation – can be enabled from Omega Files
- Rom is Deodexed + Rooted + Zipaligned
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Omega v10 ROM.