Update Verizon Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.1.1 Slim Bean Custom Firmware
Verizon Galaxy Nexus is yet to receive the official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean software update, and there are no release dates announced for the Jelly Bean update. Slim Bean (based on Android 4.1.1) custom ROm allows you to experience Jelly Bean in a stripped down version of the firmware.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (Slim Bean 1.0) on Verizon Galaxy Nexus with complete steps. Remember, your data will be wiped and you will lose all your settings and apps. Make sure you backup your data as given in the coming steps below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Slim Bean 1.0 Features:
- Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM, AOKP and my changes.
- Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
- ROM – (54 – 70)MB
- Slim Common ( Includes Slim Gapps)
- Extras ( Includes Launcher, Email, Exchange etc)
- Compiled with small language (5) pack( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
- Advanced Slim Settings ( ASS similar to AOKP Rom Control)
- OTA via integrated Update Me with plenty of options
- Holo Launcher ( stock is in extras zip file)
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus to connect it with the computer. Download Verizon Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update VZW Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.1.1 Slim Bean custom ROM.