Verizon Galaxy Nexus is yet to receive the official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean software update, and there are no release dates announced for the Jelly Bean update. For now then, we will continue sharing some amazing Android 4.0.4 ICS custom ROMs. Android 4.0.4 AOKP Milestone 6 is now available for the VZW Galaxy Nexus.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to install Android 4.0.4 AOKP on Verizon Galaxy Nexus with complete steps. Remember, your data will be wiped and you will lose all your settings and apps. Make sure you backup your data as given in the coming steps below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.0.4 AOKP Features:
- Unsecure boot.img (stock AOSP kernel)
- Superuser & Busybox preinstalled
- 180 Degree rotation
- Built in performance/init.d configuration (Thanks Kejar & company)
- CM Launcher/ Power Menu
- CM Brightness slider
- Custom color for anything in RC
- Clock Color/Location: Right, Center, Disable
- Battery Icon/ Color Picker: CircleMod, Bar, Text Only, Icon Only, Icon+Text or None
- Battery Bar in Status Bar or Nav Bar, Bar Thickness, Charging animation
- Nav Bar Transparency
- Nav Bar Button Reorder: Back-Home-Search-Menu
- Nav Bar Color Picker
- Nav Bar Button Glow Duration: Off, Fast, Slow
- Nav Bar: Long press to Search button
- Nav Bar Hide on Lockscreen
- Toggles in Pull Down Menu: Auto rotate, Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi, Aiplane mode, Vibrate, Silent, Sync, Data, 4G, Tethering, Torch, Brightness
- LCD Density (Careful with this)
- Menu Button location: Right, Left, both, Remove
- Menu Button Visability: Always show, Always show Invisible Icons
- Lockscreen Style: Quad, Octo, Stock
- Lockscreen SMS customizable shortcut
- Lockscreen Horizontal Option
- Performance Menu: (Use With Caution) Max/ Min CPU, Scaling Governor
- Unlock Sceen with Legacy Menu Icon
- Volume Key to Wake Screen
- Volume Key to Skip Tracks
- Long-press back button to kill process
- Disable CRT off animation
- LED pulse settings (time on/off)
- ICS ringtones/notification sounds
- Customize carrier text to whatever.
- Power Menu options: Boot to recovery/ Boot loader, Reboot, Screenshot
- Facebook contact sync integration (must wipe to get this)
- Disable Boot animation
- Keyboard: Volume keys act as a cursor while typing — disable in keyboard options
- Long press home for recent apps (thanks brucekey)
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus to connect it with the computer. Download Verizon Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update VZW Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.0.4 AOKP custom ROM.