Update Galaxy S3 I9300 with FoxHound 1.3 Custom Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S3 enjoys a great developer community as a number of custom ROMs are being developed for the Galaxy S3 owners. FoxHound is one of the most popular custom ROMs for the Galaxy S3. We have been a fan of it since we tried it on our Galaxy S2. It is a very stable ROM with tons of features.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to install FoxHound custom ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Remember, your data will be wiped and you will lose all your settings and apps. Make sure you backup your data as given in the coming steps below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
FoxHound 1.3 Features:
- - Based on Last firmware
- - Deodexed
- - Zipaligned
- - Busybox
- - SQLlite3
- - Siyah Kernel Source
- - Multi Language
- - Ext4 tweak
- - Battery tweak
- - RAM optimizations
- - GPU Acceleration
- - Dalvik to cache tweak
- - Data app enabled
- - Init.d
- - Tweaked build.prop
- - Zipaligns apk’s at boot
- - Call Rec enabled Thanks Wanam
- - Disable increasing ringtones
- - Samsung Camera HX-MOD v1.35 by hyperX
- - Extended power menu by Walhalla
- - Modded TouchWiz with wallpaper scrolling+6×5/5×5 app drawer by Toss3
- - Removed some notification and ringtone and add new from Nexus
- - Themed SystemUI Black and Blu
- - Themed some icon Nexus Style
- - Black Talk
- - Black Gmail
- - Black Aosp Mms
- - Black PlayStore
- - Insert Bob clock
- - Insert Apex Launcher
- - Insert Cwm app
- - Insert Light flow for costumize led
- - Insert Home swither
- - Insert Flash Player
- - Insert Titanium Backup
- - Some apk samsung removed
- - Insert Performarce settings in Settings.apk
- - Insert OTA apk in settings.apk for update Rom
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your phone to the latest Galaxy S3 I9300 custom firmware.