Update Galaxy Nexus to Slim Bean Android 4.1.1 Custom Firmware
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Slim Bean 1.0 Features:
- Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM, AOKP and my changes.
- Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
- ROM – (54 – 70)MB
- Slim Common ( Includes Slim Gapps)
- Extras ( Includes Launcher, Email, Exchange etc)
- Compiled with small language (5) pack( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
- Advanced Slim Settings ( ASS similar to AOKP Rom Control)
- OTA via integrated Update Me with plenty of options
- Holo Launcher ( stock is in extras zip file)
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.1.1 Slim Bean custom ROM. Most of the Android versions released for the Android phones have loads nad loads of features. but in most cases, you don’t need all those features. Slim Bean reduces the number of options that come with the stock Android release. Slim Bean is fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CyanogenMod and AOKP.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (Slim Bean 1.0) on Galaxy Nexus I9250 with complete steps. Remember, your data will be wiped and you will lose all your settings and apps. Make sure you backup your data as given in the coming steps below.