Install AllianceROM Android 4.0.4 ICS on Galaxy S3 I9300
Samsung Galaxy S III now has a very stable and feature-loaded custom ROM called as AllianceROM. It is an Android 4.0.4 ICS based custom firmware and can be installed on the Galaxy S3 I9300. We have posted the full list of latest new features after the jump.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to install AllianceROM ICS on Galaxy S3 ICS with complete steps. We have also posted a resource small guide below on how to backup your data before flashing a new custom firmware as it would wipe all your data.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
- Based on latest Stable Samsung release: XXBLFB
- XXBLFB Modem
- XXBLFB CSC
- Ficetos Hacked XXBLFB Kernel
- Deodexed / Zip aligned
- CRT Off and on animation Fixed and optional via the new ROM Customizer app thanks Ficeto
- Toggles restyled
- Themed a lot of apks . Whole ROM Based on FAOSP theme, Very intensive AOSP xml theme revert
- 3 lockscreens via ROM Customizer being Samsung stock / Prime and AOSP
- Added 4 boot options under the restart button ( powermenu )
- Fixed Home Button Lag
- Call Recording on stock phone.apk (saved on /sdcard/sounds)
- modified taskmanager SenseStyle with nice downward reflection(Home button)
- Fixed power_profile to get rid of the radio battery drain
- included new AllianceOTA and ROM Customiser app
- Skip song with volume buttons when locked
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your phone to AllianceROM ICS ROM for Galaxy S3 I9300.