How to Update Galaxy Tab 8.9 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
You can now install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9. Samsung has not yet announced its plan to upgrade Galaxy Tab 8.9 to Jelly Bean officially, but the developers community have managed to bring the update to this tablet and will be working hard to make it more stable and a daily to use firmware on your tablet.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of installing Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 with complete steps. Apparently, Samsung tablets are still on Honeycomb and even ICS has not started rolling out yet. Once the roll out for Ice Cream Sandwich begins, then only we can ask Samsung to comment on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean release.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Things which are working:
- Extended Power Menu (More options in Power Menu)
- super fast reboot’s!
- super fast start up’s
- G apps Pre-Installed
- Fully Working Samsung Keyboard Dock!
- Hardware acceleration (You tube Etc…)
Things which are not working:
- Google Now doesn’t work!
- Google Search
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your tablet to the latest Android 4.1.1 custom ROM update.