Install CyanogenMod 10 Preview Release on HTC One X
HTC One X users already got their hands on the Android 4.1.1 port earlier, but now they can try out CM10. The second preview release is out with not many features working at the moment, but you can still give it a try and see what CM10 Jelly Bean for HTC One X has right now.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of installing CM10 Android 4.1.1 on HTC One X with complete steps. We have also mentioned the precautionary steps you should take below in case your phone stops working. Let’s move on to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
What doesn’t work:
- WiFi direct doesnt work
- Wifi tether
- Charging light (but it charges)
- In call volume adjustment works, but not fully well in Speaker mode (more info here)
- MHL output is rotated incorrectly to portrait in horizontal mode (but workaround added since alpha 8 for hw decoded videos/youtube. Use bsplayer from playstore, almost all videos play with it in correct rotation in hwoverlay)
- No FM radio app in ROM. But Spirit FM works from market (it’s commercial!)
- Unity games Jellybean touchscreen issue
- Mostly everything else, including camera/camcorder
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC One X to connect it with the computer. Download HTC One X USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update HTC One X to CM10 Jelly Bean custom firmware.