How to Install Android 4.1.1 CM10 on HTC One S
HTC One S now has CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. This release is a very early build with lots of features now working, but still, CM10 is coming to HTC One S. CyanogenMod 10 brings the stock Android experience to your phone with lots and lots of more features and optimizations under-the-hood.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of installing CM10 Android 4.1 on HTC One S with complete steps. We have even mentioned all the precautionary points you should keep in mind before performing anything. Let’s move on to the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
- Recognizes baseband
- HW graphics
- Auto rotate
- Sounds on speaker
- USB mass storage (strangely this works even though the phone itself cannot get into SD card
- LED flash (torch app)
- Most apps
What Doesn’t Work
- Can’t seem to access sd card
- Root access
- Can’t turn on WiFi
- Can’t turn on Bluetooth
- Auto brightness
- Quite possibly everything else
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC One S to connect it with the computer. Download HTC One S USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update HTC One S to CM10 Jelly Bean custom firmware.