Update Nexus S 4G with ClockworkMod 6 Custom Recovery
ClockworkMod 6 custom recovery is now available for a number of popular Android phones. CWM6 was started from Galaxy Nexus where it was well tested and then later a couple of days ago it was finally released as the final version. After the Nexus S, we now CWM6 for Nexus S 4G.
Nexus S 4G I9020A CWM6 works flawlessly without any bugs and has a slightly better interface compared to the previous CWM5. In this tutorial, we will explain how you can update your Nexus S 4G to ClockworkMod 6 recovery. All the required steps are given below after the jump and please make sure you always backup your data before performing anything.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Nexus S 4G to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Nexus S 4G USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android device with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, unlock bootloader or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page to install ClockworkMod 6 custom recovery on Nexus S 4G I9020A.