How to Update HTC HD2 with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
HTC HD2 is one of those phones, feed anything and it will happily run the OS. This time, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is now available for the HTC HD2. This is obviously not an official ROM by any means. It is developed by a third-party developer. Jelly Bean for HD2 is in an early stage with lots of features and options not working.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC HD2 with complete step-by-step guide. First, you will need to take care of some per-requisites like backing up your phone etc.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
- Mobile Data 3G/2G
- Sound check download page for fix
- Video Playback
- USB Mass Storage
- Browser works but display is messed up.
- Error when Installing some Apps
- Google Now crashes.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC HD2 to connect it with the computer. Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of. The following options are mainly for if your HTC HD2 is on Android.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update HTC HD2 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM.