ASUS Transformer Pad T300T has also joined the list of Android tablets that have got Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware updates. Transformer TF300T is probably not getting the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update, but you can now install a custom firmware on it.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Android 4.1.1 on Transformer TF300T. This is a custom ROM, not an official update by ASUS. Since this is a beta release, there are many things that are not working yet. We have a full list of working and not working features below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
- Audio playback
What doesn’t work:
- Audio volume (is stuck at either 0 or 50%)
- Audio recording likely
- HW Video playback (but software playback works)
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Asus Transformer TF300T to connect it with the computer. Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your tablet to the latest Android 4.1.1 custom ROM update.