How to Install CyanogenMod 10 on Nexus S I9020
CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) first releases are now available for download. Nexus S is one of the first few Android phones to get CM10 alpha builds this early and users can try/install the upcoming CM10 to see what it offers. CM9 has not released yet, but CM10 preparations have already started.
This tutorial will help you install CM10 on Nexus S with all the required steps you will need. This is a very early version of CM10, and it is no way near the final CM10 release. There are many bugs and not working features. We have a full list below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Nexus S to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Nexus S USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your phone to the latest CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM.