How to Update Verizon Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus users are still left out from an official Android 4.1.1 JRO03C software update which is still not yet announced. But not to worry, as the developers community have unofficially brought the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware for the VZW Galaxy Nexus.
In this tutorial, we will explain how you can install this Android 4.1.1 firmware on VZW Galaxy Nexus. Remember, this is not an official release from Verizon. It is a custom firmware, a port from the GSM Galaxy Nexus.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your VZW Galaxy Nexus to the latest Android 4.1.1 custom ROM update.