SuperSU is the Superuser access management tool of the future in the beautiful UI that uses Holo-theme and gives you much more level of functionality. Superuser app has always been the most popular one on every rooted Android phone, but SuperSU (developed by Chainfire) is a much better option now.
This app comes in a free version and a Pro version that offers a few more features. It is faster and much more stable than SuperSU. Tip: For extra performance, you can disable notifications. Logging does not impact performance much.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
- Superuser access prompt
- Superuser access logging
- Superuser access notifications
- Per-app notification configuration
- Temporary unroot
- Deep process detection (no more unknowns)
- Works in recovery (no more segfaulting)
- Works when Android isn’t properly booted
- Works with non-standard shell locations
- Trusts ADB connection
- Always runs in ghost mode
- Wake on prompt
SuperSU Pro Features:
- OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
- Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
- Per-app logging configuration
- Per-app user override
- PIN protection
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Ready to go? Let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your Galaxy Nexus to the latest SuperSU v0.93.
HOW TO: Install SuperSU v0.93 on Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install SuperSU v0.93 on Galaxy Nexus. If you are used to installing custom ROMs or flash system apps on your Galaxy Nexus, then this should not be any different for you. However, for beginners, you need to root your Galaxy Nexus and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure.
Just To Remember:
- This SuperSU v0.93 is only for Galaxy Nexus (I9250, maguro) and I am not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Galaxy Nexus on other carriers.
- My phone had ClockworkMod recovery installed. Please make sure you have this recovery!
- Make a Nandroid backup of your previous phone set up before proceeding – for just in case anything goes wrong.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download SuperSU (CWM-SuperSU-v0.93.zip) for Galaxy Nexus on your PC, if you haven’t already.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Galaxy Nexus USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the CWM-SuperSU-v0.93.zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root.
Step 4 – Then turn off your phone.
Step 5 – Now to get in the bootloader mode. Turn on the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons.
Step 6 – Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
Step 7 – In ClockworkMod recovery, scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the power button to select it.
Step 8 – Press the power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 9 –Now using your volume keys, navigate to CWM-SuperSU-v0.93.zip and select it using the power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Step 10 – After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Nexus should now have SuperSU installed on your phone! Go to your apps list and check for SuperSU app installed.
Have fun playing with it! If you have any issues, please fire them up in the comments below!
If you’re still not interested in trying out Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) on your phone, try some alternatives: