Root Galaxy Nexus on Android 4.1.1 JRO03C Official Firmware
Google released the official Android 4.1.1 software update for its Nexus devices today. the latest build JRO03C offers much more stability, bug fixes and better Android experience than the previous stock version of Jelly Bean.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to root Galaxy Nexus I9250 on Android 4.1.1 JRO03C OTA with complete steps on how to flash custom recovery on your phone. We will use ClockworkMod recovery as our custom recovery and Superuser as our rooting package.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update your phone to the latest Android 4.1 custom ROM update.